The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 97 ES build thread. (Update 5/20/2008)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 169
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Finished it up tonight. Need a new oil pan though, old one is rusty and have a pinhole leak in it now from jacking the motor up and down. Might try to clean it up and jb weld it or something.

Stock Exedy clutch, just reused the one I had

2-ton man jack, love this beast. It jacks up so high haha.

Have to findangle it up, I find it easiest to angle it up like this, rest the bell housing on the crossmember, then jack the bottum up.

Done! She starts and drives, just need to fix the oil pan. Going to clean the engine bay and interior this weekend, will take more pics.

Not sure what the next project will be. Either sell the car, or build a motor ... hmmmm.
    7g for life!

needs more pressurewashed/tirefoamed engine bay.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Wow nice job seth.. Didn't know you could do the swap withot removing the crossmember...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Yeah, it takes a little bit of finess, bu its not that hard at all. Ive never removed the crossmember on my car before.
    7g for life!

She is done. Finished up little things tonight. Starts, runs, drives great. Need to raise the idle a bit, the light weight flywheel really makes the revs free. Definitely notice a difference between the Fidanza and the ACT Streetlite! For what it is, its pretty quick(stock 5spd, air filter, flywheel), Id say probably high 15 to low 16s 1/4.

Going to wash and detail it this weekend. Havent decided if I am going to paint the bumper or repaint the entire car, but I have the DE grills to install(thanks Zigenscarface, your the man!) and need to order another corner. Dont make too much fun of her ... she is speeeecial :D
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    She is done. Finished up little things tonight. Starts, runs, drives great. Need to raise the idle a bit, the light weight flywheel really makes the revs free. Definitely notice a difference between the Fidanza and the ACT Streetlite! For what it is, its pretty quick(stock 5spd, air filter, flywheel), Id say probably high 15 to low 16s 1/4.

Going to wash and detail it this weekend. Havent decided if I am going to paint the bumper or repaint the entire car, but I have the DE grills to install(thanks Zigenscarface, your the man!) and need to order another corner. Dont make too much fun of her ... she is speeeecial :D
    ;) more to come my dude

looks good Seth. We should swap front bumpers. This way my 7G is one color
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

looks good seth

i noticed with my flywheel it likes to rev, rev alot. i'll let you know what i run in a couple weeks.

i say slap on the turbo parts from your old motor

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    how bout next mod... get the corner lights, and grill for your jdm bumper hehe... I'm with Grim, get an air gun or impact wrench, especially dealing with 212k. Oh and don't worry, i wish i could have gotten that spacer out in 4 hours compared to almost a week. I finally used the tool that Advanced auto carries. it has a sliding weight on a bar. Great progress Seth!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    You're always missing a damn turn signal lens.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    how bout next mod... get the corner lights, and grill for your jdm bumper hehe... I'm with Grim, get an air gun or impact wrench, especially dealing with 212k. Oh and don't worry, i wish i could have gotten that spacer out in 4 hours compared to almost a week. I finally used the tool that Advanced auto carries. it has a sliding weight on a bar. Great progress Seth!
    I have DE grills, just not installed yet. And I DID HAVE an impact gun, die grinder, and a few other air tools!

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    You're always missing a damn turn signal lens.. haha
    Yah yah yah, I have the passenger corner. Will order a driver corner here in the next week or so.
    7g for life!

This is a fucking timewarp.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

i love this thread!

it reminds me the time when i swapped my a/t for a 5 m/t on my 7g galant.

seth, you need to get the following:

1. 2-pot front calipers.... (it looks like you are already using a double diaphragm hydrovac = good!)
    2. 4G63T (do you still have your old one?)
    3. front strut bar
    4. rims (size 16s or 17s) and a good set of tyres
    5. paint her green.
    6. interior detailing

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

i think i have my old stock 94 5star mitsubishi rims if you want to get rid of those steelies. not bent or anything. they may need new tread though.

Im not sure what I want to do. Id like to do a lot of things, but with lacking funds and plans to move soon, I might just paint the front bumper, fix the door ding on the driver side, and sell it. I was watching Top Gear last night and they were test driving the new Aston Marton DBS and I love that color green, I think it was Mercury Silver or California Sage, not sure. Would be sick to have the car painted that color, rock some flat or satin black 5 spoke 16" or 17" wheels like Motegi Tracklites, and have it slammed on some coilovers.

I still have my 4g63t but dont want to put that motor back in unless I a)Rebuild it or b)stroke it. But then again I run into that part where I have no money haha. I dont know anymore, I just want a race car. I just should buy a pre-built Spec Miata and have some fun. I dont care about street cars anymore, I would rather have a dedicated track car.

And I have the black 17s I had on my silver 7g, but they are heavy and I dont think I want to put them on this car(Its already slow as it is :P). Im either going to sell the tires to my roomy or get some 17" rotas or something.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Im not sure what I want to do. Id like to do a lot of things, but with lacking funds and plans to move soon, I might just paint the front bumper, fix the door ding on the driver side, and sell it. I was watching Top Gear last night and they were test driving the new Aston Marton DBS and I love that color green, I think it was Mercury Silver or California Sage, not sure. Would be sick to have the car painted that color, rock some flat or satin black 5 spoke 16" or 17" wheels like Motegi Tracklites, and have it slammed on some coilovers.

I still have my 4g63t but dont want to put that motor back in unless I a)Rebuild it or b)stroke it. But then again I run into that part where I have no money haha. I dont know anymore, I just want a race car. I just should buy a pre-built Spec Miata and have some fun. I dont care about street cars anymore, I would rather have a dedicated track car.

And I have the black 17s I had on my silver 7g, but they are heavy and I dont think I want to put them on this car(Its already slow as it is :P). Im either going to sell the tires to my roomy or get some 17" rotas or something.
    get 16" slipstreams =D

TGC Regular
    Why not do that g4cs swap? The dsm guys say it better than the 4g64 cause its a 2.4 6 bolt and no crank walk. They can be found on the 89-92 sonata not sure if the years are right, but they can be found cheaply.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    Why not do that g4cs swap? The dsm guys say it better than the 4g64 cause its a 2.4 6 bolt and no crank walk. They can be found on the 89-92 sonata not sure if the years are right, but they can be found cheaply.
    It isn't common (Come to think of it no confirmed cases) that the 7bolt 4G64 is prone to crankwalk...just the 7bolt 4g63's.

Then again there isn't alot of "turbo" 7bolt 4g64's either, but there are many 7bolt 4g64's on the 7g's and 2g spyder's with tons of miles on them and haven't crankwalked either.

You just got the green 7g, and now you are contiplating on selling it already Seth?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

That is the face only a mother could love. Considering the work you've put into it, I think you qualify as a surrogate mother.

Nice work, Sethmo. So why's this one special?
    1996 Galant S

Well in Seth's defense, he is starting all over. I'm sure it wasn't as much fun swapping to five speed this time like it was the first time. I know if i had too, i would not mod another Galant. The adventure of doing it is gone. i love my car and the way it looks and wish it was running. But there is only one Blue Ice... the Inimmitable.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast