The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evolution -G-rim: The build Thread (Pics Galore)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 133
    Too dang hot! :D

I don't speed up because maybe I'm slow, but hey It's an 8g! I ride in style.

Very cool man..
    I was getting distant with my 7g as I haven't drive'n it in a bit and the slow leak has it on flats now :( but Iam going to go out tomorrow and get those seals done even if it means I'll break it :)

Keep up the good work man , it looks awesome!!!!
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Honestly, you motivate me. I want a 7G so badly now that I've seen how good they can look and how fast they can be :D
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I love that 7g
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Holy shit! I went back to the first picture and to the end like 6 times. Outstanding work all around.

I take it she is garage kept? The paint is perfect..

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    seriously awesome pics....can't believe how far you've come....and like everyone else said, it's inspiring to see this kind of work being done, especially on such a sexy car. good job man and never stop working on the beast!
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Thank you for the + comments

Currently I am battling with the car

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Man I do feel bad I did some neglecting to the car.

Sooo....yah, I feel like a dumbass and feel bad that I didn't attend to replacing parts that couldn't of resulted in more of a catostraphic damage.

When I got the car running again several months ago and pretty much refreshed up the motor with new seals, belts and pulleys..I seemed to miss replacing the spark plugs which I SHOULD of. One reason is because when I initally got the car running..I found out that the 14b oil and water seals took a crap. Ever since I have had a check engine light and I hate to say it...I have been procrastinating on replacing the sensor. I either don't have the time and the car seemed to be running good...so I kept driving it. My MPG weren't as good as previously before I garaged the car...about 5mpg less average, but I thought it was the result of a bad O2 sensor.

I had a no power to fuel pump issue for several weeks and I got it running again this past weekend. I decided Sea Foam the car to get carbon buildup cleaned up. I knew the spark plugs would need replacing..so my intention was to replace them after I sea foamed the car. I applied Sea foam on Tuesday night , but had to work the whole day on Wednesday. So I drove the work and figured it would be good so I could blast out a good amount of carbon buildup out.

Well that night one of my co-workers wanted to mess around with me on our way home. It was 12 at night and a good portion of the highway didn't have any cars..so he wanted to see what my car was all about. He had nothing special..a stock 2005 Honda Accord 4cyl. He gunned it..but the Galant didn't break a sweat passing him and continued to till I got to 110mph and slowed down till he caught up. He called me up and went on his way and I went the speed limit the rest of the way home. I noticed though the car was running a bit rough and wen decleration to my exit the car backfired a bit. Then I noticed the car would "flutter" at around 4000rpms, so I babied the car the rest of the way home.

It was late and I had to work again this morning, but it was a short day and got off around noon. I took my fiance's Endeavor to work since she was off today and left -G-rim home. This is what I got to enjoy to see:

I needed to change the spark plugs anyways after the Sea Foam and it was about that time to replace them anways. New NGK's gapped for the turbo setup

Pulled out the ones and found out why "she's spitting"(Tokyo Drift movie quote there)

Looks like a severe sign of preignition probably due to carbon buildup and the prolong continued operation of a bad O2 sensor. The spark plugs are in order of cylinder..far left is Cylinder 1 and the farthest right is cylinder 4. Cylinder one was the only one with the nose still intact.

I have to few things to look at, but now the car has new spark plugs and took it out for a spin and its definitely more alive.

Its good to have a good stock of spark plugs junst in case

I just checked compression on all cylinders for the heck of it and 200 all across the board.

:smt021

IDK what bothers me more..... the ground straps being melted and mishapen, or the electrode dissapearing act.

just roll up some newspaper and give yourself a nice whack on the nose....
    NNNNNOOO!

I love new plugs lol.
    :)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

IDK either man...I was just shocked and speechless when I pulled the plugs. I have WOT many times between when I got the car running again till last night.

I am going to check the plugs again on my next oil change and see if the thing happens again with the plugs..then I will have another issue to look into. I am going to replace the O2 sensor this weekend also....unfortunately this is what has to get me to change it.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i was really worried when you said damage. Glad she's "ok."

Wow. And I actually caught the Tokyo Drift quote before I read the FYI.

I guess it's just a never ending circle of maintenance and repair with these older cars... Glad you caught it before anything else bad could happen :D
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

The plugs got me paranoid..this is why I did a compression test after I took the car out for a spin after I put the new plugs in. Engine response is much much quicker..and builds boost very quick. With new plugs and Sea Foam I am guessing that is the outcome.

Like I said I was still paranoid after driving the car...so I let it cool down and did a compression test. A sigh of relief when it registered 200 across the board, but still going to see the results of a long term test.

-G-rim sure did fool me prior to me feeling the effects of the foul plugs. My co-worker was asking me all these questions on what I did to the car this morning at work. He was surprised how fast it accerlated. The funny thing is that he was on the floor with the gas, but the highest I registered on my throttle position on the SAFC was 80% and thats because I was babying the clutch because is slips at around 5000rpms in 4th and 5th gear. He was speechless that I was only 80% throttle and he was flooring it and -G-rim caught up, passed, and kept on going w/o "breaking a sweat".

what heat range are you using? 5 or 6? i cant make it out in the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

My last shifter bezle had a broken tab that was suppose to hold it down and one day it wasn't holding the bezel down and I was having a very rough day. I got pissed and took out some of my frustration trying to bang the bezel to stay down and it broke in several pieces. I finally got a chance to find one and replace my shifter bezel with one that finally stays down

Here how I was driving the car for about 2 months with no shifter bezel or boot.

Here is my new bezel with my custom leather boot mated to it:

Here is the final product in the car now. Its finally not a eye sore looking at my shifter. I also replaced the stock shift knob with a different knob similar to the one in my GVR4.

More things to come soon...
    Last edited by 4-G-rim; 05-20-2009 at 06:20 PM

Proto
    Trade me short shifters.

what shifter bezel is that from cuz i myself have a missin tab and freakin cracks in it i def need to get me a new one along with the boot...its like my car makes music while i shift cuz im still rockin the accordieing lookin boot lmao...nice progress

I have been bitten by the Audi R8 "LED" setup and ever since I have been conjuring the idea of getting a similar "look" on my Galant. I have been spending the past couple of months researching different LED's for brightness, measurements, quality, and price. I bought 2 sets of LED's and the first set wasn't exactly what I expected and started fitting that set on the Endeavor. My 2nd set which I recieved today was surprising exactly what I expected.

Worked out perfectly since I had to replace my O2 sensor and install my new MBC. Here are some install pics of the LED's and my new manual boost controller.

Removed the front bumper so I can hide my custom harness for the LED's

Here are the LED strips getting prepped for mounting

After some careful wire tucking and other wiring, mounted the bumper

Somewhat visable, but not too much to where it stands out

Here are a couple pics of my 1st set of LED's. Just test mounting for now...thinking of relocating and mounting in a different spot.

Here are the finished install pics. I love them...absoluting love them!

Some night shots of the Endeavor

My new manual boost controller. There have been some reputable GVR4 guys that are making awsome power using this manual boost controller and LOVE it. It has a bleeder valve for issues of "boost creep". Its made by a company called Lower Shores Performance.

Last edited by 4-G-rim; 05-20-2009 at 06:21 PM

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    if u stoped buying so many damn sets of rims and diff front lips u could aimported a vr-4 =p jsut playin bro.. wish my car was that sick, keep up the good work

looks good kevin. for my idea i am going to use the turn signal spots on the bumoer. since my turn signals are on the heads now i got empty spots!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast