The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: From Australia, BuzzPuppy's JDM Super VR-4 Legnum 8G

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 64
    awesome legnums!

..... someday i will have an 8g galant vr-4 and my galant dreamteam will be complete..... or a r32 nissan skyline whichever comes first hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

Wow, that last pic was taken on my b-day!!!
    2002 Mits Galant ES

Check it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/shaft101

Very nice... Please ship it to me in US!! Cheers.
    Love,
    Matt

Mate, I would love to... it'd give me a chance to hunt down a red Super VR-4 Galant/Legnum!

Yes, I know they're the "slowest" of the VR-4's, what with the extra weight of the kit and other features. Plus being a Series 1 (or pre-facelift model) INVECS II (auto) Legnum, it's been detuned from the factory for only 260bhp. The manuals were running 280bhp and all Series 2 (Facelifts) ran 280bhp.

However, a boost controller and a gauge to keep an eye on spikes plus some other mods can help regain those lost ponies.

Running 10psi (up from 6psi!) at the moment to balance more power vs economy since it's my daily driver. I had it on 15psi... Geez it went like a ROCKET with traction control kicking in from 1st gear launch @ 2500rpm but then it started guzzling the good juice like a frat-boy (to use one of your terms :D).

Oh, I also "modded" the car to drop some weight. 10kg (22lbs) dropped by the driver after my trip to Mount Everest Base Camp in April :)

I should dig up the photo. It's the highest that an OZVR4 logo has been (not counting being in an airplane) @ 18,000 feet.

WWW.OZVR4.COM, the home of Australian VR4 Legnums and Galants

damn bro sexy car. do you know where i can get than rear lip?

Great pics! :-D

Well, let's update the car.

The FMIC has been fitted with hard pipes and it DOES make a difference when you drive :) Here's a few pics to show ya.

-The original setup, difference being silicon pipes/stainless steel spring-reinforced type to the OEM rubber originals.

-Sexy night shot, with new FMIC and new power steering cooler pipe

-All fitted and ready to rumble

More pics to come later of it fully fitted :)

All parts are courtesy of X3Emotorsports here in Australia.

Oh and I forgot. What it looks like all fitted :)

I'm so jealous, you Australian bastards get all the good cars from japan. Car looks fantastic!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

If you think we have it good, ask the guys in New Zealand who don't have a car industry (we manufacture Toyotas, Holdens (General Motors) and Fords here, some ONLY for the Aussie market) to protect!

I love the Holden Monaro and the inline 6 turbo ford falcon you guys get. I also saw a falcon ute, it was awesome.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

sick............
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

very nice job on the legnum...new paint looks great! i like the set up 2
    Last edited by Gtorque; 09-13-2008 at 05:00 PM

Sweet!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Damn man I would do anything for that Super VR4 kit.

I was thinking in putting up some black mesh to hide the FMIC a little bit so the car wouldn't stand out as much. But as the gurlie says "Babe, it stands out a lot already".

So I ditched that idea :) Besides, bar/plate FMICs can take FAR more of a beating compared to a tube/fin!

Took the girl and the dogs away down the south coast (Cape Otway, Victoria, Australia)... good roads for a VR4 :)

We had a cruise last Sunday, and I'm from the state of Victoria in Australia. We had a devastating and tragic bushfire (many lives, 1.1 million acres lost) in February this year. There are some great roads up there and still used by a lot of enthusiasts. Every time we go, we don't take our own BBQs or anything but spend the money (food, fuel) in the towns and communities that rely on the day-tourism business.

CLICK HERE for the site (mooker's own) with the photos

Cooling off the Brembos... don't you just love the colour?

Yep, that's me at the rear of the pack keeping track of everyone on the radios.

A crew-shot of the drivers and cars (we lost one car... hit a rock wall on a wet corner) I'm on the far right with my Super ;)
    Last edited by BuzzPuppy; 06-22-2009 at 07:06 PM

Well, it's calendar-shoot time over @ OZVR4. Hadn't updated this for a while, but this has quickly become a favourite photo of mine :)

(photo taken 16th Sept 2009)

Cheers!

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Sexy ass car man!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast