The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Photos : Rota Slipstreams are finally on!!

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Photos : Rota Slipstreams are finally on!!

So after much planning I got my slipstreams. and just when I thought it would be months before I could afford tires I lucked out and found a set of brand new Nitto Extremes at a yard sale! for $25 a Piece. got em mounted and balanced. and put on. but they were grinding pretty bad on the inside front. since the wheels are 16x8 the inner lip scraped the control arm in the front. and Just so I don't have to repeat ( THESE WHEELS DO NOT FIT WITHOUT MODIFICATION IN 16x8 et38 ) after a whole day with an angle grinder now my car is road worthy. I've never stuck to the pavement better. 8 inches of tire + summer tread + light weight wheels = much better ride. so here are the photos.

oh yeah!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    koo, the gold lugs throw me tho

its different! looks good!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

haha they are just for fun. I needed a new set of lugs. I was missing a few. and I wanted light weight ones. and these were pretty cheap on e bay. so I thought why not. I would have bought silver ones. but I could only find gold and black. I think they are funny. but they wont be on for longer then a few months

I actually like the gold lug nuts.

you keep hiding from me, i will find you one day!

looks good

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Its need a lower drop to get the full effect of the slipstreams on your 8g. Its sitting a little too high for those wheels. I believe if you drop it to were the tire meets the fender..it WILL lot hot!

Maybe someone can photoshop a lower drop on the slips.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

no I do agree with you. a few of the shots tend to make the gap look worse then it is in real life. because I tend to sit on the ground when I take pics. but Yeah I almost wish it was an inch lower. maybe that will be the next step. but it will be a while. I'm pretty happy with it now. and coils will be expensive.

yeah it looks good, i wish i would have got those wheels first. it does need to be lowered though
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

front center caps? do the front hubs protrude too much... do they have taller center caps to clear the hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    front center caps? do the front hubs protrude too much... do they have taller center caps to clear the hubs?
    My front axles stick out too far with my Rotas to fit the center caps on, so I assume his are the same. I found some nice aluminum and black plastic center caps that fit on ebay. Click here. Those are the exact ones I bought except the center is flat. I had to contact the seller for the smooth center ones as he called them. They aren't cheap, but I sold my Rota caps on ebay for a good amount. People jumped on them for some reason. The winner bought them for more than what they could have got them for from subydude.com. lol.

By the way, as far as I could find out, Rota doesn't sell any caps that would fit.

yeah the front ones wont fit because of the hub. and damn those are expensive center caps. but they look nice though.

i think ill get these in bronze for my winter wheels, where did u get them?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    i think ill get these in bronze for my winter wheels, where did u get them?
    yes the bronze ones are a really great finish. I have 16" bronze slipstreams on my other car. and I liked them so much so thats why I decided to get them for the gallant too.

unfortunately one of them bent last summer. but they really held up well. the hole that I hit. I'm surprised it didn't crack through the wheel. and its been holding air sitting for almost a year. so they did their job. and I'm also running a really low profile tire on the Rocco. I don't remember where I got the bronze ones from because it was about 4 years ago but this recent set I got was from 18 racing

http://www.18racing.com/

check their inventory list. they have a lot in stock.

rota made in the philippines!

yey!

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Like others have said, a lil more drop and you'll be set. I'm sure the ride is nice with more sidewall and those lighter wheels probably just float along.

I'm diggin your other ride, it's classy

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

thanks. actually I was looking at the ride hight today. and I don't know if its just angles. but it seems much lower in real life then the pictures.

Doesn't look as good as I expected. 17's are really the perfect size..

As everyone said, it will probably look better if it was lowered a bit more.

My Rotas that I bought from Maverick have different center caps too. CESAM Sport or something like that. But the backside of the wheel says Rota

I want to find some mitsu center caps that would fit or some gel stickers I could adhere onto the caps i have now.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.