those may fit
    but this is the best kit for you, they're all 2 pistion calibers brembros :
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    ^^^^^lmao...and you call me an ass.
    LMAO at both of you....
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    if u have the money just go for full evo oem setupo.. thatll stop u nice n fast
    dont mind everyhone else that are being helpless there just internet gangsterZ yo!

Well this is the thing... I am a Service Manager at Goodyear. I can get rebuilt brake components for cheap. So I was thinking I will look into it and knowing whuch ones to ask about I could get you guys good deals. Would anyone be interested?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

So when switching to the dual pistion i will need th brackets as well right? I would asume so.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

ok so this should work for my car right? It is the power slot kit for the big rotor upgrade.
    http://www.buybrakes.com/store/29-563
    I want to get the front and rear kit. What do you guys think?
    Mods:

and this should work for the rear right?
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    Mods:

ok u need the calipers and the brackets of course but u dont need that $400 "big brake kit" all u would need to get is the rotors from the 2nd gen diamante, 2nd gen eclipse gsx, or the 00 eclipse gt rotors and those are way cheaper than the ones u posted, same applies for the rear as well and while u r at it spend an extra $100 and get the SS brake lines

my brake swap is gonna cost me around $600 for everything including powder coating the calipers, i could have gotten Brembos for that price but my wheels wont clear them

good luck
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

ok so the rotors you posted are bigger? But since i would be using the same calipers and the brackets it will just bolt right up... Thanks man.. you have been a big help...
    Mods:

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    I'm not really understanding what expect from your upgrade ...i recommend doing some more research before you make the decision....like I said 99 galant v6 or 00 eclipse gt ...I'm not sure about the rotors spdracr recommended but I'm sure they fit as hub are the same on most mitsus...the rotors are bigger I think the difference was single 272 ....dual 294...I remember a huge thread on club3g debating which is better single or dual piston....few people said initial stopping power go with single piston....while fade resistance was better on dual piston...again all of this either here or on club3g you just have to browse around if you have any more questions man you can pm me

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    rezz will the trd ones fit on my rear drums?

well i am trying to get rid of my brake fade... So thats why I want to go with dual piston. I can get everything i need for the swap for around 300. Thats for rebuilt calipers and evrything else new. With a full 1 year 12,000 mile
    Mods:

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    well i am trying to get rid of my brake fade... So thats why I want to go with dual piston. I can get everything i need for the swap for around 300. Thats for rebuilt calipers and evrything else new. With a full 1 year 12,000 mile
    cool well now its up to you to pick the pad and rotor combo do some research to fit your driving habits..for myself I chose hawk hps and cyroed rotors

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    Thank you... I was about to give up on the fourm... I am thinking about doing that and going with the power slot big brake kit... I think it would be pointless to do that with the stock calipers. Now which do you think is better, the 00 3g gt ones or the evo ones... do you think there is a big difference?
    '00 3G V6 or '99 8G V6 are dual caliper front... both will bolt up to your '02+ 8G V6. they will also work w/ the powerslot/AEM big rotor kit and caliper relocating brackets (POWERSLOT PLUS) for the 3G/8G v6 (but need 17+" wheels for clearance). 3g/8g v6 calipers work with 3g/8g v6 rotors... EVO OE brembos need EVO rotors (OE or otherwise) and 17+" wheels with lots of backspacing (either through spoke face design or low offset) for clearance. EVO calipers and 3G/8G rotors are incompatible, and as a corollary, 3G/8G calipers and EVO rotors are incompatible too.

ok... so then all i would need is the 00 3g v6 dual caliper fronts and brackets... the same rotor will work. What about the rear caliper from the 00 3g v6 is it an upgrade to what i have or the same? Thanks reelax for the info it has been very helpfull...
    Mods:

I am so pissed!!!! I went to the local junk yard to pull some calipers... I got them off of a 00 3g v6. So I goto pay for them and they want $100....I was like wtf! I have to rebuild them... they are spray painted ugly red... I can get them rebuilt and loaded for 65 ea... So i left them there... I was at another yard where they only charge 17.00 for a compete caliper. I mean in my opinion it should of been around 50.00... or am i wrong?
    Mods:

Junk yards vary in pricing, particularly if they think you really need the parts...

Will this caliper upgrade fit a 00 4 cylinder galant as well as a V6?

yes!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

but you'll also need to upgrade to larger rotors...

Just buy better brake pads, Akebono.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12