The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where can i get a good turbo and what kind should i get?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    Quote Originally Posted by bsilver23 View Post
    yeah that is the other option, i keep going back and forth between decisions though, just cant make up my mind. are you sure it would be 2g cheaper to do the engine swap with a 5spd? i thought that doing the 5spd is pretty expensive.
    You could always double check the info he just gave you but doing a bit of research... I would use the search function on the forums...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

the swap tutorial that was done on this site said the total is about $2500 we'll say, that is more than half price for the turbo most likely plus to do the engine swap, it would probably be about the same price as doing a turbo.
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    you can do the 5 speed for 1000-1500 depending on how well you shop for a tranny. PLEASE SEARCH, there is tons of material out there you can learn everything

the swap tutorial that was done on this site said the total is about $2500 we'll say, that is more than half price for the turbo most likely plus to do the engine swap, it would probably be about the same price as doing a turbo.
    If you looked at the thread the price includes a brake upgrade so its roughly 1500. Plus a 5 speed is better atm because it puts down power much more efficiently then the auto tranny. Add a 6g74 to a 5 speed and you will be a happy person. Are you prepared to fix things that you may not expect to go wrong with a turbo since its ur daily? always be prepared for the worst.

Experienced TGC Member
    Guys everybody needs to chill the f out.

There is a lot of information for the 5spd swap on here , so yes searching would have found that information.

The amount of information for the V6 platform here is quite limited anymore, especially when it comes down to the forced induction. How many people here are running a V6 turbo again?We have maybe 1-2 threads that have some information in them, one from WarmAndSCSI which isn't much help anymore considering he is banned. The other thread is the turbo stuff from Pharmicis who hasn't even completed that turbo kit (which last I read was torn apart even) he posted on here earlier this year. Since Pharmicis is more focused on the business side of things the information he shares is quite limited and not much help for people either.

We have threads going back to 2007 about V6 turbo information, have any of you actually read some of the stuff? There are like I said only 2-3 threads of information that is even somewhat useful for this guy to read. The members who posted those threads and know the information are no longer in this community, or they haven't even completed anything.

VERY few of the V6 owners on here have made very much progress in performance. How many people on here have actually swapped in the 6G74 again? like 2-3? There are maybe 1-2 others who are working on it too. If it was such a hot item, and so much better than turbo than why is it we don't have a handful more with the swap like people on Club3G have? A few people have actually picked up some good parts to swap over from the stock ones...but beyond that not many have done anything more on the V6 like the folks with the 4cyl here have done.

All I am saying is the informatioon for the 4cyl performance stuff is abundant here, the V6 is so far behind on this board its not even funny. I just can't understand why somebody that was a member here who pushed 500+whp from a boosted setup (on a 6g72 even), didn't spark others to build, or even the other member who thoroughly pushed the 3.5L swap as an N/a beast didn't even spark more people to pick up the 6G74 swap.

Bsilver may or may not have seached, but if any of you actually searched for the V6 information you would see what I am talking about...and why some go to Club3g for the information. I have done my best to start bringing information over here for people to learn and pick up from, but there is still a lot of information out there. The truth is not many people have built from the foundation that has been layed down for the V6 platform by a couple of former members...

Just my rant/reason why I suggested everybody takes a step back and chill out. The kid is 17 so what...if any of you want to see the V6 stuff advance to the level others have reached give some advice. It doesn't matter iff you are 16 or 30, performance isn't cheap and if it was new to either age you still have to learn and save the money to do it.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

blue8g
    ^well said....btw im the one who is 17 maybe youre confusing him with me because were both in wisconsin

I miss TJ we always argued lol...yeah the informatin on club 3g can be of more use to him Im surprised with a guy that is pushing over 500 on a 4g64 with a kia head and a turbo build hasnt sparked more people to breach that level. Brain and Cali are making huge headway on 4cyl builds as well, but I havent seen much on the 6 that TJ hasn't touched.

i have a v6 auto, if that helps
    I did a bunch of research on this a while back. have fun, hope you took lots of math on school
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...light=flow+map

Instead of arguing about it why not just post the info he wants then? IMO searching is just one step at helping someone do a build because no one is willing to just give you all the answers you are looking for... and info is all over the place you are better of searching for your answers and coming up with your own conclusions...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Ok ok Maybe I'm not the right person to help u out with this project..
    But I feel sorry for all of these jerk who posted mean things in ure thread..
    So u should join to the 3g forums.. And Maybe that can help to clarify ure ideas..
    as everybody knows turbo is an expenssive thing because is not just the turbo and manifold bro...
    Well I haven't do my 5speed swap yet.. But that can be such a good step that u should do first.. Btw 5speed swap will be better than the automatic trans if u decide to go with turbo...
    Ok ok thanks to all of these ppl who likes to help and be helped sharing the little info that thay know to new members or someone who's lost in the topic..
    Follow every thread from SPD_FRK cuz he's the only one who's keeping us post with info about the v6 options.. He can help u alot..
    Good luck bro with ure project and dnt pay attention to those fools who are frustraded or even jelous because others are going ahead from where they are..!!
    Last edited by sponcar; 11-28-2009 at 11:06 PM
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by galantmaster1 View Post
    He has already fuckin searched you ass hole. Hes asking people for information out of experience and personal opinion. There is no need for you to come into this thread and say shit like that. There is not a whole lot of information going around for exactly what he wants so why dont you fuck off. Who cares if hes 17, and im sure he knows just as much about cars as you do. So get a fuckin life and go play fast and the furious with your riced out piece of shit galant.
    you need to shut up you newb you havent even been here a fucking day and you're talking big and bad GTFO and stop spamming this thread, you added no info at all to what he was searching for and you just wasted my life by posting this here.

To OP look for some of the old threads by WarmandSCSI he is a banned member her but is making over 530 at the wheels with his V6 and some of his info posted here will help a lot.

TJs turbo 6G72 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUFNjCBzoqA
    Bjs 6G74 beast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FxCP...eature=related

Tjs build https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=36853

Bjs 3.5 swap https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=21175

Beam514s 3.5 swap https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28559

someone already posted the 3.8 I believe so I wont repost. The infor is out there you just gotta go back a bit sometimes.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 11-29-2009 at 12:38 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Omg stfu noob whitegalant knows way more than you and isn't asking what edging turbo to get when there are several threads that have started off what turbo/ 4g63 swap/ what should I buy/
    seriously read and search like it was said before. And for gosh sake don't rack on someone car you know nothing about. Cause you see a picture or pictures downt meen that's it's current status.
    Omg thankyou ivory!
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

blue8g
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=36853

btw bsilver check this thread out

haha gtfo galantmaster

ik that thread is amazing, and i would love to do all that.....if i had unlimited money

i love that though
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

Experienced TGC Member
    see all of my comments werent referring to you bro. I have nothing against galants or mistubishi in general. I owned an EVO for a short period of time. I have a problem with cocky douche bags like whitegalant and ivory8g.

and sure, maybe 1, ONE, did I mention ONE, galant has more power then me. GREAT! I dont see anyone else around here with those kind of numbers, not to mention running a 5SPD transmission that cant take that kind of power, and he spent about 3 times as much as I did.

So for the record my comments are directed to a selected few
    Dude, if you are here to start shit then just leave and save yourself the embarassment now. You start dishing shit to one of my buddys (Ivory8g) you start dishing shit to me...I am not one to sit back and keep his mouth shut about it either. Ivory8G is the first person in the US to have even converted to what is essentially the Galant VR4 model, he just went to the nearest speed shop and bought everything off the shelf... please get real...the shit took time and sourcing parts...nothing like a WRX build.

The one Galant who you refer to making more power made huge development this platform, expensive yea...but who the hell else built the Galant from the ground up like he did? Who was offering aftermarket parts for this platform even? Nobody...and few even do to this day...funny thing is we use parts off the Subura and Evo along withother platforms, so the parts must be junk then huh?

We don't care if you have a Subaru, or an Evo...who here even gives a rat's ass what you have? Its like a Corvette...every asshole has one...good job, way to follow the trend and build something unique that has very little aftermarket following for it.

Next time, before you start spewing crap out of your mouth, and insulting members here...make sure you know who the hell you are talking about and find out what they have done before you end up looking like the dumbass you are now.
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 11-29-2009 at 04:45 PM

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

All you are doing is making sure this thread gets closed for acting like a kid. Good job. I need say no more. And yeah I would pit my galant against your subue cause I do it all the time to 300c/ mustangs/ Audis and evos making around the same to the wheels as your supposed sti. YAY guess that makes my e-peen bigger than yours now right? Stfu fucking keyboard warrior bullshit. Go jerk your stupid sti off and feel better.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Guys everybody needs to chill the f out.

There is a lot of information for the 5spd swap on here , so yes searching would have found that information.

The amount of information for the V6 platform here is quite limited anymore, especially when it comes down to the forced induction. How many people here are running a V6 turbo again?We have maybe 1-2 threads that have some information in them, one from WarmAndSCSI which isn't much help anymore considering he is banned. The other thread is the turbo stuff from Pharmicis who hasn't even completed that turbo kit (which last I read was torn apart even) he posted on here earlier this year. Since Pharmicis is more focused on the business side of things the information he shares is quite limited and not much help for people either.

We have threads going back to 2007 about V6 turbo information, have any of you actually read some of the stuff? There are like I said only 2-3 threads of information that is even somewhat useful for this guy to read. The members who posted those threads and know the information are no longer in this community, or they haven't even completed anything.

VERY few of the V6 owners on here have made very much progress in performance. How many people on here have actually swapped in the 6G74 again? like 2-3? There are maybe 1-2 others who are working on it too. If it was such a hot item, and so much better than turbo than why is it we don't have a handful more with the swap like people on Club3G have? A few people have actually picked up some good parts to swap over from the stock ones...but beyond that not many have done anything more on the V6 like the folks with the 4cyl here have done.

All I am saying is the informatioon for the 4cyl performance stuff is abundant here, the V6 is so far behind on this board its not even funny. I just can't understand why somebody that was a member here who pushed 500+whp from a boosted setup (on a 6g72 even), didn't spark others to build, or even the other member who thoroughly pushed the 3.5L swap as an N/a beast didn't even spark more people to pick up the 6G74 swap.

Bsilver may or may not have seached, but if any of you actually searched for the V6 information you would see what I am talking about...and why some go to Club3g for the information. I have done my best to start bringing information over here for people to learn and pick up from, but there is still a lot of information out there. The truth is not many people have built from the foundation that has been layed down for the V6 platform by a couple of former members...

Just my rant/reason why I suggested everybody takes a step back and chill out. The kid is 17 so what...if any of you want to see the V6 stuff advance to the level others have reached give some advice. It doesn't matter iff you are 16 or 30, performance isn't cheap and if it was new to either age you still have to learn and save the money to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    you need to shut up you newb you havent even been here a fucking day and you're talking big and bad GTFO and stop spamming this thread, you added no info at all to what he was searching for and you just wasted my life by posting this here.

To OP look for some of the old threads by WarmandSCSI he is a banned member her but is making over 530 at the wheels with his V6 and some of his info posted here will help a lot.

TJs turbo 6G72 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUFNjCBzoqA
    Bjs 6G74 beast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FxCP...eature=related

Tjs build https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=36853

Bjs 3.5 swap https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=21175

Beam514s 3.5 swap https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28559

someone already posted the 3.8 I believe so I wont repost. The infor is out there you just gotta go back a bit sometimes.
    The information gained from their efforts is good, but the owners are both a-hole douchebags. One constantly caused drama JUST for the fun of it (TJ), the other brought the biggest mess of GBs and supported the others douchebaggery constantly (BJ). Both not worth it to have here, no matter how far their builds have gone.

He has already fuckin searched you ass hole. Hes asking people for information out of experience and personal opinion. There is no need for you to come into this thread and say shit like that. There is not a whole lot of information going around for exactly what he wants so why dont you fuck off. Who cares if hes 17, and im sure he knows just as much about cars as you do. So get a fuckin life and go play fast and the furious with your riced out piece of shit galant.
    First of all Ivory, if your sick of this thread then why dont you go fuck yourself and get the fuck out of here. Yes the information is out there, and yes he has looked for it. He wasn't saying whats a turbo. He was asking for peoples personal opinions because thats the most useful thing when buying parts.

And frankly I don't give a fuck about all the shit you can talk about your shweet galant. I dont even own one.

And whitegalant, im young too, does that mean i dont know what boost means? I mean obviously not, i've just done all of the work on my own STI.

In reality, all of this means nothing to me. My only purpose in making an account on this gay little site was to tell any of you assholes that want to judge someones knowledge by the questions they ask, or to come onto a thread and bitch about how this question has already been asked, to fuck off.

It makes me happy to know that after this im just gonna walk out the door and shit on all the other little ricers out there with your JDM body kits and rice bowls *cough cough* Ivory8g.

Fuck you guys!
    see all of my comments werent referring to you bro. I have nothing against galants or mistubishi in general. I owned an EVO for a short period of time. I have a problem with cocky douche bags like whitegalant and ivory8g.

and sure, maybe 1, ONE, did I mention ONE, galant has more power then me. GREAT! I dont see anyone else around here with those kind of numbers, not to mention running a 5SPD transmission that cant take that kind of power, and he spent about 3 times as much as I did.

So for the record my comments are directed to a selected few
    Go 'direct' them somewhere else.

Oh, and fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    All you are doing is making sure this thread gets closed for acting like a kid. Good job. I need say no more. And yeah I would pit my galant against your subue cause I do it all the time to 300c/ mustangs/ Audis and evos making around the same to the wheels as your supposed sti. YAY guess that makes my e-peen bigger than yours now right? Stfu fucking keyboard warrior bullshit. Go jerk your stupid sti off and feel better.
    No, just making it a PITA to have to come in and clean in up.

Lol I bet
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    The information gained from their efforts is good, but the owners are both a-hole douchebags. One constantly caused drama JUST for the fun of it (TJ), the other brought the biggest mess of GBs and supported the others douchebaggery constantly (BJ). Both not worth it to have here, no matter how far their builds have gone.
    Haha I didnt say that they were the coolest of people but I posted those threads to show the OP some info. And Beam514 isnt bad he was in my post too :). I was just trying to prove there is info out there for the OP to read up on.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Haha I didnt say that they were the coolest of people but I posted those threads to show the OP some info. And Beam514 isnt bad he was in my post too :). I was just trying to prove there is info out there for the OP to read up on.
    Indeed Beam is there also with regard to good information. He is also here actively, and a good and quality member. I would solicit information from Beam anyday, he would be a great source for the OP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast