The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wings and things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    Experienced TGC Member

Wings and things

I am on the fence here guys... is an aluminum wing RICE or is it possible to pull it off well?

I was on my thrown, flipping through an issue of Import Tuner when I noticed that a large majority of cars in there don't have wings. I thought to myself.. "that's cause they are rice and people know that now" .. but then I turned to read about the cover car, the tightest Integra-Silvia conversion I have ever seen. What's on the back of that? an aluminum black wing. I go to my little JDM spot in cyber space and 90% of the Skylines, Silvia's, Impreza's, Supra's, etc.. have wings.

I am posting this because my M3 spoiler arrived defective :? and I sent it back for a staright refund. I have been searching for a fiberglass spoiler that I like but have never found one, I hate them all. As many of you know my car is black with hypersilver accents and I have seen a few wings with the same color scheme. To add to the mix, the spoiler is low to the deck... NOT more than 3" from the trunk and is 55" across. I don't have a kit though, it's a 98 bodystyle with custom made silver grill inserts, clear lights w/black brows, smoke tails, silver Mitsu badges, silver wipers, 3" drop, and hypersilver Motegi MR-8 18" rims. Think White Ghost but in black

So basically I just want feedback, if you think there is a limit to what's acceptable post it. I have some pics I want to post but they are huge and my mouse is broken.. will post tomorrow. It is a personal decision what people end up doing to their cars but we 7g'ers are a small group and I wear that silver TGC sticker on my car with pride, so we represent each other also... remember that.

Wes
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    id say w/o a body kit an aluminum wing will look ricey...but with a bodykit and rims, it will look better. me, not my style...i think the 8g gtz spoiler would look good on our rides.

ill sell you an oem 7g spoiler for $30 its just sitting in my basement...ill put it on my car if painting it is cheap, heck depending on how good Mazarins spraypaint job turns out, ill do it myself :lauging:

i need some pics of your ride! i have never seen it before :shock:
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth
    heck depending on how good Mazarins spraypaint job turns out, ill do it myself :lauging:
    And it will, too. I'd post pics of my spoiler now, if my camera wasn't so crappy @ the moment.

I think the aluminiup spoiler can be pulled off, but beware if it fails.

I'm not too wild about how it looks on Tony's 7G, and his is all decked out...

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    i need some pics of your ride! i have never seen it before :shock:
    There is a good reason for that....

Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    I'm not too wild about how it looks on Tony's 7G, and his is all decked out...
    True. The Blue Dragon even has a roof scoop
    So did you get that M3 lip after all Eric? I was surprised at how small it was..
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

it all depends on the style and the stance u are looking at. i mean a big alluminum wing isn't gonna look right on a car with hubcaps or a car with chrome dubs on em. if you got some nice racing style wheels it might go good. also make sure that it isn't too big. the big complex looking wings make things start to look ricey. a simple alluminum wing would act as a good accent. but ov course in alaska, having a wing makes it just a lil bit harder to clean off ur car, but itsn't really a burden lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    So did you get that M3 lip after all Eric? I was surprised at how small it was..
    Yup. Hopefully I'll have a pic of it on this weekend. Man invented Hairdryers for a reason.(damn weather)

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

Experienced TGC Member
    I think unless your pushin major hp its there for no reason other then looks, thus I classify it as rice!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    i need some pics of your ride! Â*i have never seen it before :shock:</div>

There is a good reason for that....</div>

Really whats the reason then Wes?? :?: :?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Really whats the reason then Wes?? :?: Â*:?</div>

Dirt.... Alaska... Ego....snow...ice...rocks.... lack of sunlight.... it goes on..

I want to wait till summer so that I can take some really nice pics out at like Denali National Forrest or something and post those, pics taken in my garage of how the Alaska winter treats a Galant just isn't very appealing. I posted pics of my CAI setup for you guys... gimme some credit MF's

If you guys really want to see it before winter breaks here in say, uhm JUNE, that's cool. I just think there is no point, it's raised up all the way on stock rims and studded tires... tight.

Here's one of the wing styles, not this one exactlly though...
    The one I saw was NOT a double decker LOL
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

o0 XeRO G 0o
    personally, i like that wing, even if it is a double decker. if it was any higher in the air, i'd think rice, but that actually looks decent. if i had a black car, i'd put it on...

I dont like how that particular wing mounts flush with the trunk...I dont like em far off the trunk, I just dont like how that mounts...
    7g for life!

Moosh
    Have you ever thought of using this spoiler for your car? It fits on 7G Galants:

It has to be one of the phattest stock spoilers I have ever seen.

oooooohhh me likes
    7g for life!

hmm.......

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

I think roys spoiler looks pretty good, if it wasnt a double decker it would be even better

7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    LIke I have a wing on my car, but its not aluminum.. ITs a JDM Super VR4
    matches my car perfectly, its a big change really, espcially at freeway speed, the backend sits down much more than it did without it.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

PICS! I wanna see pics of ur ride shane haha ive NEVER seen it, same with 2true...both need to get some pics up stat! :lauging:
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'></div>

Custom rear bumper??
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

sorry guys i know this is not part of the question but... what front lip is that on the car for vr6???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

plain no spoiler :cry:

oooh spoiler looks better to me.

my favorite rear shot. But a wing is ricey for some and aint for others, just make sure the wing goes with the flow of the car not too high though. I mean a wing dont come to play until your goin like 180 or something correct me if im wrong. but if you wanna stand out from the crowd get it and a spoilers just something to throw on when you got nothing else to do to a car im running out of shit for looks so thats my 2 cents. I dont like aluminum spoilers personally but some cars can pull it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast