The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Showing results 241 to 260 of 680
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Johnathansgalant and I made my harness. It took about 8+ man hours to do the wiring but we were wiring up a dual ecu harness. It should take a little less time to do a straight conversion harness.

I would buy the harness from boomslang and just doublecheck their work. The only thing that sucks about the boomslang harness is that they use all the same color for the wiring. If you were to make your own harness, maybe look into using the stock colors by taking an engine harness from a junkyard car.

clearing the immobilizer is super easy. clearing the CEL lights and any codes is pretty simple too.
    ^ How would i know exactly what pins are wrong if i do get that harness? Sorry im new when it comes to ecu stuff.

He tuned mine, and it was in Long Island. lol.

^ lol I thought it was you that got tuned.. How did it go man? He said it went very well!

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    DANG! Does he have a spare magnus intake manifold lol
    Hey buddy i asked him but he said he just sold his last one last week. Sorry

You would check with the galant factory service manual and the Evo FSM

So in my FSM, it lists the Ecu connector pin number:

and the few pages after that, it will list what pin is for what.

So you would need to find the Evo FSM and then match the pin to pin.

For example, you see the Throttle Position sensor is pin 78 in the galant. You need to find the TPS input on the evo ecu (lets just guess its pin 95 on the Evo ecu). So you will need to make sure on the boomslang harness that pin 78 on the Galant side is going to pin 95 on the Evo side. Get it?

THeres a pretty good excel spread sheet on club3g by Balla or Napalm (i forgot who made the post) but it lists all the pins for the galant ecu. The one in the Galant FSM sometimes uses technical terms that I had no idea what it was reffering to.
    Last edited by qnz; 12-22-2010 at 07:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    ^ lol I thought it was you that got tuned.. How did it go man? He said it went very well!
    Car is running strong. Better than what I am able to do on my own. However my car is guzzling gas like its going out of style. I havent had a chance to log it and talk to him about it.

I would say he is a competant tuner. I rather him tune my car then some of these shops in the Tri-state area

As for flashing your stock galant ecu to behave like an evo ecu, I dont think its possible. I remember reading about that on C3G. You can however flash a manual 3g Ecu with an evo rom and have it work exactly the same.

Yes I understand what your saying thats the easy part lol. Is the Haynes Repair Manual the same as the FSM or no? Cause i cant seem to find it in mine

I have no idea if the Haynes will list the Ecu pinouts.

If you know anyone with an alldata account, they can look up and print out the galant and evo printouts. But I think all the info that you need exists already on here and Club 3G

Im pretty sure once I get the print out on are 8g ecu diagram i will be able to do most of this work.

The print out on Road Race for the evo 8 ecu. Have anyone used this one or confirm that its correct? I seen another ecu thats ares on C3g in color and all but I cant quite make out the words

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    G-torque, if your serious about making your own harness to make sure its "right" I have the best advice for you. Buy this...

http://www.aemelectronics.com/plug-n...-1710-1720-781

Order it for the AEM EMS part# 10-1313 thats the EVO EMS. Those connectors will plug right into a stock EVO ECU. This way you can re-pin the stock harness to convert it to an EVO pinout. You can eaither cut the wire & install the new pin terminal, or try to remove the wire with the pin terminal from the stock connector and get it into the new connector. If you plan on cutting and using a new terminal, you need a crimper meant for that. The crimper can be had on ebay for about $75-$100 depending on which one you buy, but the crimper is specifially for that, its not like one you'd find at an autoparts store.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Here is my scan of the Galant Ecu pinout from all data. As you can see, i used it a lot

http://www.mediafire.com/?wkj4i5cqfamfxbi

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    THeres a pretty good excel spread sheet on club3g by Balla or Napalm (i forgot who made the post) but it lists all the pins for the galant ecu. The one in the Galant FSM sometimes uses technical terms that I had no idea what it was reffering to.
    I have it!!!!! Courtesy of NAPALM on club3g. I found it on my old computer ( dead 4 years ago) backup on my portable hard drive

anything that says "GHEY" is something that the AEM EMS doesnt use or something related to the auto trans. From what I can tell, this pinout should work perfectly fine for a stock 3g or stock EVO ECU. Dont mind that it says EMS 35-1312, that was the old part# for the AEM EMS for the 3g, but its the same exact thing as the 30-1313 which is the EVO EMS. The stock wire color may not always be accurate but the pin location is 100% accurate, so rely on pin# and not color. The first pin# in black is the pin on the auto ECU and the 2nd one is the pin# it goes to on the EVO harness.
    Last edited by Stewi; 12-22-2010 at 08:30 PM
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

here is a breakdown of each Evo pin# and the function of the wire going to that pin#
    all your interested in is the pin# and the column to the right of the pin# that says the function, the other 3 boxes are for AEM EMS related stuff, that can be disregarded.

Last edited by Stewi; 12-22-2010 at 08:25 PM
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Wow.. Thank you so much guys i appreciate it!! So Stewi just so im sure. On the first print out to printed. The first numbers listed under pin are the 8g ecu pin numbers and the numbers listed under AEM EMS PINS are the correct pin numbers to the evo 8 ecu that need to be routed in to correct?

And im definitly going to buy that pin kit from AEM. Thats awesome.. Beats paying for a $350.00 Boomslang harness. I really dont mind doing the work.
    Last edited by Gtorque; 12-22-2010 at 08:52 PM

Wow.. Thank you so much guys i appreciate it!! So Stewi just so im sure. On the first print out to printed. The first numbers listed under pin are the 8g ecu pin numbers and the numbers listed under AEM EMS PINS are the correct pin numbers to the evo 8 ecu that need to be routed in to correct?

And im definitly going to buy that pin kit from AEM. Thats awesome.. Beats paying for a $350.00 Boomslang harness. I really dont mind doing the work.
    Correct and correct.

If you have a few days to wait, im pretty confident I have an extra AEM pin connector set, just like the one I linked. I will do it for $45 shipped and paypal'd let me just make sure I can find it. I ordered it planning to do the same thing your doing, but I ended up having an evo harness, so I just cut the connectors with the wires on it and soldered them. It was better for me because I wanted the wiring longer since my EMS isnt mounted in the stock ECU location.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

^ Great yeah thats not a problem just let me know and I will get that from you. Gotcha

Ugh I cant wait to start doing this lol

^ Great yeah thats not a problem just let me know and I will get that from you. Gotcha

Ugh I cant wait to start doing this lol
    I will confess I had it easy, I had my entire car stripped down. I had the engine harness out of the car, so I literally soldered this all up from the comfort of my living room floor.

On my old 8g I did this ( back in 2003) when I tried using a 3g ecu that was years before ECU flash knowledge and I did it in the car, soldering laying under the dash soldering over your head, in a garage with no heat in the middle of february, that was NO FUN.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    On my old 8g I did this ( back in 2003) when I tried using a 3g ecu that was years before ECU flash knowledge and I did it in the car, soldering laying under the dash soldering over your head, in a garage with no heat in the middle of february, that was NO FUN.
    thats when you get the boomslang harness

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    I will confess I had it easy, I had my entire car stripped down. I had the engine harness out of the car, so I literally soldered this all up from the comfort of my living room floor.

Damn your right... Now that I think about it I think i might just go with the boomslang harness. Not to be lazy or anything but I would much rather check to see if every pin is in correctly and just plug in the damn thing then me ending up getting spina bifida

So what has to be done after the harness is checked correctly and plugged in?Do I need anything else or what?

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast