The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to fill the gap in the front wheel well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    no i wasnt lowered but redhaze isnt either and he says he is rubbing. I sold him the same 20's you see on the third G with the same tire setup so im trying to figure out why he's rubbing and I wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It looks like your wheels were half inch narrower, cuz your side wall is nice and parallel mine were just grabbing on.
    thats what i thought when i saw them the sidee wall was pretty nice looked all over to see if i could fine the the width of the rim all i found is ET 42 and im guessing the 20x 7.5 or 8 so i have no idea why they rubbed in the front unless the offset is different between the rims and i got the front on the back and the back on the front i doubt that tho the lips on all of them look the same

Maybe its your rear shocks, your tail probably sags aittle more than gcode, and so replacing shocks will pick you up a bit.

if I'm not mistaken my wheel was 20x8 or 8.5, it was an 8 for sure.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-28-2011 at 02:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    Were u lowered
    Nah
    I shaved the little tray the spring sits on.

this red spot is how much I needed to clear.

G-code you were probably fine cuz you weren't lowered, yet anyway.
    yea thats why but redhaze is rubbing and im confused why. he's not lowered either.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    Yea idk maybe its my cars alignment ima go have that done monday it doesnt really rub in the back unless i turn hard i think it might be my subs weighing it down and i got a full tank of gas

Thanks G code for the rims tho im really liking them alot better then my steelies. just working out things so i can try n get 3 maybe 4 people in there with no rub.
    U welcome. I think im going to get the same ones for my next G lol. Im going to get it bagged tho. All JDM parts

Maybe its your rear shocks, your tail probably sags aittle more than gcode, and so replacing shocks will pick you up a bit.

if im not mistaken ias eitht 20x8 or 8.5, it was an 8 for sure.
    Might be i dont seem to bounce around the road but anyways struts are my next thing on my list after i get my timming belt thermo water pump changed
    Quote Originally Posted by G-code88 View Post
    U welcome. I think im going to get the same ones for my next G lol. Im going to get it bagged tho. All JDM parts
    Dang where do you get these panther groove rims from i looked all over online and they where discontinued i wanted to pick up a extra one as a spare just in case
    Last edited by Redhaze; 02-25-2011 at 07:46 PM

Yea idk maybe its my cars alignment ima go have that done monday it doesnt really rub in the back unless i turn hard i think it might be my subs weighing it down and i got a full tank of gas

Thanks G code for the rims tho im really liking them alot better then my steelies. just working out things so i can try n get 3 maybe 4 people in there with no rub.

I don't think there is adjustment to rear so don't let the shop charge you extra. Unless you got a camber kit or aftermarket control arms.

wheels are cool, love da lip action. Try new struts, if not 5mm HUB CENTRIC spacers and roll fenders more to accommodate.

if im not mistaken ias eitht 20x8 or 8.5, it was an 8 for sure.
    X2. im thinking thats his problem also.

I don't think there is adjustment to rear so don't let the shop charge you extra. Unless you got a camber kit or aftermarket control arms.

wheels are cool, love da lip action. Try new struts, if not 5mm HUB CENTRIC spacers and roll fenders more to accommodate.
    Yea ima prolly just gonna buy 2 more for the back since i already have 2 in the front to clear the front struts idk why G code didnt have problems with the front struts thats weird i guess he got 3 lucky cars and i got the one oddball car.

Yea ima prolly just gonna buy 2 more for the back since i already have 2 in the front to clear the front struts idk why G code didnt have problems with the front struts thats weird i guess he got 3 lucky cars and i got the one oddball car.
    Lol im thinking its the worn struts/shocks that you have on your car that have you sagging. I drove it to NC on those rims before. didnt rub one time

Quote Originally Posted by G-code88 View Post
    Lol im thinking its the worn struts/shocks that you have on your car that have you sagging. I drove it to NC on those rims before. didnt rub one time
    Prolly so i figure im almost at 90k on my odometer so on my list
    1. 60k timing belt thermo water pump
    2. KYB Struts
    3. Back to modding

idk why G code didnt have problems with the front struts thats weird i guess he got 3 lucky cars and i got the one oddball car.
    When I first got the G, the ride was fine but it sagged very quickly, and I pulled out GR-2's from it. So don't feel unlucky, it's just maintenance.

oakrds187 u must love mortal kombat lol

Hells yea!! Not that I play it all the time but for me its like the ninja turtles for others. Lol!

Sektor' s homing missle FTW!!

lol i like it to. my favorite one was mortal kombat trilogy with ALL the characterters. I still play it on PS3 but not that much because i dont have anyone to play with but i cant wait for the new one to come out on PS3 in april. I had mortal kombat vs dc universe but that got old to me quick and i traded it in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12