The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car wont idle!

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

car wont idle!

well today i went to start my car and next thing i know it stalls! i start it again,and it idle for like 30secs and than it stalled.i have no cel and i also checked for vac leaks and found nothing!! when i drive the car it stumbles little like im out of gas!fyi i just put a 255 in it a few months ago.any help would be good thanks in advanced (a/f are weird also)
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Check the wires on the iac, make sure they have not come apart due to old age and being brittle check them closely at the backk of the pigtail connector.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

will do!!

i checked and they are fine! plus if that was the issue wouldnt throw a light

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    so you have a 255 with no regulator? if so you could have finally killed the diaphragm in the stock regulator. swap in a known good stock regulator and if it fixes it then save up for a nice aftermarket regulator. also, how are you tuning out the richness caused by the 255 being too much for the stock regulator?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

LoL at the clicking at the end of the 2nd link.

What I would first try is cleaning the TB and MAF, use a rag damp of brake cleaner on the throttle body and get in there real good then use MAF cleaner on the airflow sensor, make sure to disconnect the battery while doing this for a good 5-10 mins so the pcm resets then assemble and start car.

Also you have a cone filter, you do have the MAF in there and plugged in right?

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

I had a 255 installed, only problem I had was long starts, swaped it out with a v6 pump and she fires up instantly, every time.

When I pulled the 255 out I noticed my gromet was torn.

Clean your Maf and TB, iac could be dirty too

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

My question is why you put a 255 pump?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

well the reason i have a 255 is cuz i was going to go fi but didnt and never got around to remove it and putting the oem one back in

i think its the maf when i unplug it, it idles but at like 1700rpm! i have tryed cleaning it but still the same result.how do i test the iac? if the maf goes does the iac go to?

I don't think so but the iac is what controls your idle I had this issue because one or teo wires had broken at the iac, see if it pulls any codes. But you can very temporarily turn the screw on your throttle body open to let more air in at idle so the rpm will come down, but this only work while its hot as soon as fall comes it will be same thing I wrote up a fix for the iac search search my friend just click my name and look at my threads

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?p=695124

dont mess with the idle screw. If you increase or decrease the screw the pcm will still idle to its original idle that is programed to the rom. If you have a afr check your Afr at idle. Normal at close loop is 14.7-15.2. If is richer like 13 you have too much fuel "rich"

Did you unpluged the batt for 10 min? Maybe the pcm got some crazy fuel trims stored already. Reset batt so pcm could get new values.

Get a fuel presure regulator if you keeping the pump.

Try another 501 maf see if that change anything.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 06-09-2012 at 09:55 AM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Could very well hlbe that. First time I ever disconnected my battery, I couldn't even make it to work with out the car cutting off like 4 times. Did you try giving it some gas to keep it running? Funny thing is, the stalling got less and less the more I've done things that required disconnecting the battery. Now it might stumble right after I turn the key, but it doesn't die. And that's with less than 10 minutes if it being disconnected?

i havent touched the screw.ok so when maf is plugged in the car bogs at idle and the a/f is 11.5 but not steady! now when unplugged the car idles fine but high(1500rpms) and the a/f is like 11 0r less.when i drive with the maf unplugged the a/f goes straight to 10.0 anytime i touch the pedal. its like all it is doing is dumping fuel
    Last edited by galant1983; 06-09-2012 at 11:42 AM

if my stock fpr shit the bed will it cause these issues?

Yes. Too much fuel. To much fuel at idle the engine falls on his face and you will wash the piston rings. Losing compression and burn oil. Yes if the fpr is dead you wont have pressure making the injectors unstable. You could also mess them up. Get a aftermarket good fpr. Adjust the pressure. Double test the maf.

10-11 afr is really bad at idle.

SOHC Turbo