The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stainless steel braided brake hoses...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Stainless steel braided brake hoses...

do they make a set for the 7g? how will the braking be different? would it improve anything besides looks?
    7g for life!

cdaw2001ES
    There are companies that make the lines for just about every car - custom cut etc...

Make sure you get some that are DOT apporved, some companies dont seem to know about this - but all it takes is a outer support tube around the braid at each end - to keep the braid from kinking over and over right at the connection point.

Re: Stainless steel braided brake hoses...

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    do they make a set for the 7g? how will the braking be different? would it improve anything besides looks?
    Mine are Goodridge for the 8G. They're DOT approved. As far as changing the braking characteristics, they'll significantly reduce fade and give your brakes a more responsive feel. The SS lines don't swell under pressure, so all the pressure from the master cylinder goes right to the caliper. They're a direct replacement for the rubber stock lines. Just make sure you get the torque specs right. The hardest part is getting the old lines off. You're also gonna have to bleed the whole system after the install so may as well invest in a set of speed bleeders at the same time. Here's a link to the application guide. It looks like the 7G and 8G applications are the same. http://www.goodridge.net/appguides/US_CAR.pdf I was lucky enought to get mine off ebay, but TireRack sells them, amongst others. http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/goodridge/index.jsp
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Re: Stainless steel braided brake hoses...

well said fishboy55.

just to add, you will truly appreciate ss braided brake lines when auto crossing. ss bb lines are very good compliments with aftermarket brake sets.

some of my buddies have x-drilled and slotted (dba australia, brembo etc) plus 4-pot calipers on their rides. however, even with this setup, the brakes become weak lap after lap because of heat and swelling of the oem rubber brake lines. we have to cool down the cars before hitting the track again.

btw: we use DOT 4 spec brake fuild.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    some good info. i think i am going to go for some front ss lines
    7g for life!