The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR4 bumpers in our future?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 62
    Nick VR4
    I think the above is a Super Saloon 2.0 SOHC 16V with mods maybe wrong ?

like this

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think the above is a Super Saloon 2.0 SOHC 16V with mods maybe wrong ?

like this Â*
    </div>

No sir, it was a 24v DOHC TwinTurbo.

Gssplaya and Rex both told me that the Diamond Edition bumper is on both their VR-4 and VR-X.. now I am confused.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Nick VR4
    I have no idea then
    this is the spec for this

Specs As Follows
    Engine: 6A12 i.e. 2000cc V6 24v DOHC - 4 CAMS
    Turbo: Twin one on each exhaust manifold

note the 2000 cc V6 not 2500cc

brandon
    One of us should just contact Mitsu. This is getting way too confusing. haha

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Gsplaya's car is NOT a vr4. he did an engine swap.
    7g for life!

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gsplaya's car is NOT a vr4. Â*he did an engine swap. Â* </div>

So I guess the question is, is this a VR4?

In the pics of the rear you can't really tell what it says for a badge. Did the 7G VR4s have a "VR4" badge?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    That is a vr4.
    7g for life!

brandon
    So Mitsu made the VR4 with both bumpers, but one came with a "Diamond Edition"?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gsplaya's car is NOT a vr4. Â*he did an engine swap. Â* </div>

correct! gssplaya's 7g is not a vr4. we did a convertion on it.
    he originally had a 2.0L sohc i4 16v 4g63 n/a.

the 7g "diamond edition front bumper" is the transition bumper for the 8g galant.

the orig vr4 bumper is similar to bam's of new zealand and this bumper posted earlier:

there is a 7g vr4 = 6a12TT
    there is a 7g vr or v624v gti = 6a12 n/a
    there is a 7g vx-r = 6a12 mivec md

the bumpers on these are like the grey galant posted. although some 7g vr or v624v gti have the bumper similar to mitsupiet (diamond edition).

btw: the front grills of the diamond edition is different from the orig vr4 bumper.

also, the orig vr4 front bumper came with a front lip. the lower end models do not have a front lip.

i have a vr4 bumper as well... and headlight washers... and red mudflaps (wtf! )

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

hungryalien
    its confusing actually.. but if not mistaken, i have the vr-4 type of front bumper (or the so-called diamond edition) and grills. plus the one piece headlights

my mechanic is offering me an engine swap too.. the v6 twin turbo. honestly, i dont see it as an viable investment right now. its too powerful for a fwd car..

ps. i do have the foglights installed as of the moment. but not during that trackday when i took my sig..

brandon
    Sweet, thanks for clearing everything up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hungryalien)</div><div class='quotemain'>its confusing actually.. but if not mistaken, i have the vr-4 type of front bumper (or the so-called diamond edition) and grills. plus the one piece headlights

my mechanic is offering me an engine swap too.. the v6 twin turbo. honestly, i dont see it as an viable investment right now. its too powerful for a fwd car..

ps. i do have the foglights installed as of the moment. but not during that trackday when i took my sig..</div>

off topic....

it was nice meeting you at our mitsu get together . i hope to see you at the autocross track sometime next month with the lan-evos and the other galant guys ..... we could also count how many porsches will overtake us at the straights.

i love eprom tuning:
    launch control - done
    350whp

Experienced TGC Member
    Wow... Rex busted out the knowledge on all us Yankees. :laughing:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow... Rex busted out the knowledge on all us Yankees. Â*:laughing:</div>

:oops:

btw (fyi only)
    there is a surplus diamond edition front bumper at my friend's supplier/ junk shop.... including the diamond ed front grills and the oem pair square fog lamps it cost US$110.

i am tempted to get it but my vr4 bumper is still "very fresh".

the red and white tail lights are also called the "diamond edition tails". most of the junk/ surplus shops sell the tails including the trunk unfortunately (package... so they say). cost including trunk is about US$280.00

a surplus V6 24vavles quad cams (dohc) 6A12TT for the 7gvr4 including install would locally cost US$ 1850.00 from a reputable shop. ballpark.

shipping is another story. :cry:

i love eprom tuning:
    launch control - done
    350whp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vr6)</div><div class='quotemain'>shipping is another story. Â*:cry:</div>

Do not care. Gimme a ballpark figure.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vr6)</div><div class='quotemain'>shipping is another story. Â*:cry:</div>

Do not care. Gimme a ballpark figure.</div>

maz,
    ballpark i think would be at least twice the price of the engine, bumper etc.

so if the bumper is US$110.00. the shipping alone would be about US$250.

i also do not have any logistics to ship these parts there, especially big parts.

hmm.... fedex is very expensive.

i love eprom tuning:
    launch control - done
    350whp

GPTourer
    I know this is an old thread, but I think I am about to buy a '97 LS and I want to do a JDM VR-4 conversion appearance wise. Has there been any luck finding sources for these pieces?

EDIT: I had wanted to link to some pics I found of 7G VR4's but the server does not support this site.

brandon
    Simple answer: No.

I am having trouble just getting someone to sell me the foglight trim, never mind a bumper! haha

The headlights are on ebay from time to time and you can always contact mitsupiet (TGC member) for those.

It can be done. If you have the money. I got my Diamond Ed BRAND NEW from Mitsu of Japan thru triggermuave for about $300 and change, shipping was about $200 and change, and the dimentions of the package is above UPS Int'l size specs, so he had to tape down the bumper and shorten the box a bit. It's urethane, so it's no problem to bend it. I havent seen trigger on here for a while, but that's where I got mine.

The sideskirts and mudguards I was lucky enough to get them after they passed thru 3 pairs of hands(eBay, Brandon, Jluv) for about $200.

I was trying to get the fogs from ak0, but have yet to get word on that. I would have gotten them new from trigger, but they would have been more than the bumper!

Swap-wise it's pretty easy. Unbolt-remove/replace crash bar/bolt on. And since you're a 97(Like me, like me!) you're going to need a 94 to 96 header panel(commonly called a "t" bar)

You can see how the install went here:

http://mazarin.pandarage.com/galant/diamonded/

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

GPTourer
    Thanks for the link, those pictures were very helpful. I did not even consider the t-bar for the nose of the car. Are there not VR-4's with a 97 style front end? Its hard looking for pictures on the net, but I finally found a few that all seem to have your style of nose. Also, the model years are all jacked up. The 8G body style came out in like '96 in other parts of the world, but I digress.

The LS that I am considering already has a nice foglight package that I don't think ES, S's got. Maybe all I need is a lip, skirts and rear.

So you had to take your crash bumper completely out? I'm not sure I'd want to do that, considering the already poor crash rating 7G's have. The car looks kick ass though. Nice work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast