The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6a12 ECU

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    CHH

6a12 ECU

I've got a JDM '92 Galant VX, with the DOHC 6a12, which as pointed out in the other thread about the 6a12 (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=49438) is pretty much the same as the fto.

According to wikipedia:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Later appeared in the 1994 FTO coupe with revised engine management for higher power output,</div>

and:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    2.0 L DOHC (Mitsubishi Galant)
    Peak power - 110 kW (150 PS) @ 6750 rpm Â*
    Peak torque - 179 N·m (132 ft·lbf) @ 4000 rpm Â*

2.0 L DOHC (Mitsubishi FTO)
    Peak power (1994-1996) - 127 kW (172 PS) @ 7000 rpm Â*
    Peak power (1997-2002) - 132 kW (180 PS) @ 7000 rpm Â*
    Peak torque - 191 N·m (141 ft·lbf) @ 4000 rpm </div>

Would this mean the galant 6a12 ecu is configured to run lean? Or does the later fto ecu use more advanced timing?
    Could my engine's performance be improved closer to that of the fto's using piggyback mods making up for the differences?
    Or, is it possible to use the ecu from an fto in a 7g galant?

Re: 6a12 ECU

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CHH)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've got a JDM '92 Galant VX, with the DOHC 6a12, which as pointed out in the other thread about the 6a12 (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=49438) is pretty much the same as the fto.

According to wikipedia: Â*
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Later appeared in the 1994 FTO coupe with revised engine management for higher power output,</div>

and:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    2.0 L DOHC (Mitsubishi Galant)
    Peak power - 110 kW (150 PS) @ 6750 rpm Â*
    Peak torque - 179 N·m (132 ft·lbf) @ 4000 rpm Â*

2.0 L DOHC (Mitsubishi FTO)
    Peak power (1994-1996) - 127 kW (172 PS) @ 7000 rpm Â*
    Peak power (1997-2002) - 132 kW (180 PS) @ 7000 rpm Â*
    Peak torque - 191 N·m (141 ft·lbf) @ 4000 rpm </div>

Would this mean the galant 6a12 ecu is configured to run lean? Or does the later fto ecu use more advanced timing?
    Could my engine's performance be improved closer to that of the fto's using piggyback mods making up for the differences?
    Or, is it possible to use the ecu from an fto in a 7g galant?</div>

ok, so you have a 7g galant vx-r?

the galant vx-r has a mivec md which is different technology from the fto mivec.

both have mivec that kicks in at around 5500rpms.

but the galant vx-r has the "md" for modulated displacement.
    in good boy driving, not all the cylinders are running 100%. i think only 3 cylinders are at 100%. but in sporty driving mode, all 6 cylinders fire at 100%. i don't think the fto ecu can control the "md" in the galant vx-r.

i know someone however who used a non-turbo 6a12 ecu in his 7g galant 6a12tt. he reached speeds beyond 230kph using the non-turbo 6a12 ecu which does not have a speed limiter. the 6a12tt ecu has a speed limiter at 180kph.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

CHH
    Cheers for your reply,
    Nah its just the VX, the non MIVEC version. i was talking about the fto GR which also has the non mivec, but more power apparently because of the ecu.
    Haha, 180k seems a pretty low speed limit, considering most n/a galants can go faster than that anyway. Did the guy you know have any problems? Would've thought the timing would be different or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CHH)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cheers for your reply,
    Nah its just the VX, the non MIVEC version. i was talking about the fto GR which also has the non mivec, but more power apparently because of the ecu.
    Â* Haha, 180k seems a pretty low speed limit, considering most n/a galants can go faster than that anyway. Did the guy you know have any problems? Would've thought the timing would be different or something.</div>

so there's vx and vx-r. in my part of the woods, the vx would be the jdm 7g viento - non mivec, non-turbo 6a12 body code e54.

you know, aside from the ecu of the fto gr (6a12 non-mivec) which maybe has a different fuel and rev mapping, the 6a12 from the fto gr perhaps has a more aggressive cam profile than the galant vx. if you can find a fto gr ecu, i think its worth a try.

yeah. the jdm ecu of the 6a12tt has a 180kph speed limiter - japanese safety regulations.

surprising, the non-turbo ecu works with the 6a12tt engine. although, you will not be able to fully utilize the potential of the 6a12tt since the fuel mapping of the 6a12 non-turbo is somewhat different among others.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp