The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gumball 3000 in a 7g!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    if you have the means which you mentioned you have, then do it. good luck to you and keep us updated.

any concrete plans on how you and your sponsors plan to beef up your heavy grocery getter slush box to even tag along with the euro exotics all the way?

from time to time, i track my galant at two real circuit race tracks. the euro exotics just blow us away in the highway going to the track. hmm... i am in 5th gear and they are just probably in 3rd gear and these babies overtake us like we were parked. haha!

it does not matter if you have a 7g vr4 twin turbo or an 8g vr4 twin turbo (engine wise - stock of course), these monsters are just going to eat you up in the straights.

if its a stock 3.0L v6 twin turbo nissan fairlday z, a wide body mr2, a silvia, imprezza or an evo, our jdm galants can hold their own.
    this is my friend's fair lady z turbo and my galant side by side at around 170kph on a funrun.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

Quote Originally Posted by zippyflu
    i can drive from south jersey to NOrth CAROLina, 6 hours.. there and back. 12 hrs round trip!!! no speeding ticket.. and made good time..
    Do you one better! I made it from North Jersey (Bergen County) to Memphis TN in a little over 15hrs! That includes gas stops and a 25 minute stop in a fireworks store! Also no tickets

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Well i didnt make this years as some problems with the sponsors so where shooting for next year and the bull run here in the u.s. that some guyz are planning on havein. I plan on gutting the beast and were goin to take as much weight off first. We are goin to try and get carbon fiber doors, hood, trunk. Though for the doors its a ridiculos price so not sure bout those. Plan on staying with the 4g64 goin 63 1g head thats being ported and polished with new valves and all the goodies. New pistons, basically a completely new rebuilt motor everything ported and polished new crank, transmission. Removing the a/c, and everything else i can live without. Goin to run a twin turbo were looking at a few set-ups right now but might just stick with a single turbo. We actually thought about taking the back doors off and welding a piece of sheet metal or something and taking the door off to save some weight. Also plan on removing dash because we cant think of whut to do with it and its just giving us problems. I dont know bout driving this car if it turns out like the sposors want its basically goin to be more of there car cause they want to take it to every show to show people that they can do anything to a car. I dont know as i have just came into possesion of a Subaru Wrx STi Limited 07' which might be alittle easier to do and i wont have to basically loose my g for months at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12